Here are 7 compelling reasons to go veg:
- Vegetarians are 50 percent less likely to develop heart disease.
- Vegetarians have 40 percent of the cancer rate of meat-eaters.
- Meat-eaters are nine times more likely to be obese than vegans are.
- The consumption of meat, eggs, and dairy products has also been strongly linked to osteoporosis, Alzheimer’s, asthma, and male impotence.
- Scientists have also found that vegetarians have stronger immune systems than their meat-eating friends; this means that they are less susceptible to everyday illnesses like the flu.
- Vegetarians and vegans live, on average, six to 10 years longer than meat-eaters.
7. According to Environmental Defense, if every American skipped one meal of chicken per week and substituted vegetarian foods instead, the carbon dioxide savings would be the same as taking more than half a million cars off U.S. roads.